Laser hair removal is a procedure in which hair follicles are treated with laser light, resulting in permanent hair removal. Laser hair removal is a safe and effective method for hair removal. Laser beams are especially effective on hair follicles in the growth phase. The laser beam reaching the hair root is absorbed by the melanin which gives the hair its color. Light energy turns into heat energy and this heat destroys the hair root and prevents new hair growth. Laser hair removal requires an average of 6-8 sessions.
Why Do We Have Laser Hair Removal?
- It is the most definitive solution to get rid of unwanted body and facial hair.
- Laser hair removal is performed not only for cosmetic purposes, but also for therapeutic purposes as in cases of ingrown hairs and recurrent folliculitis.
- The most common treated areas for women include legs, bikini, underarms, and the most common treated areas for men are shoulders, back and chest.
How Many Sessions are Required for Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal generally requires 6- 8 sessions. Session intervals are 4 weeks for the face and 6 weeks for the body.
Number of sessions may change from patient to patient.
- Patients with light skin color and black hair get results in a shorter time.
- More sessions may be required for people with genetically dense hair.
- If a patient has some hormonal problems, it is better to be treated before laser hair removal sessions.
- More sessions are required for hair reduction in adolescence and twenties.
What Should Be Taken into Consideration When Having Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
Waxing, tweezers, needle epilation and epilators should be discontinued at least four weeks before the laser hair removal session. Razor and depilatory creams can be used easily between sessions as needed. We recommend that the hairs be removed with a razor the day before the laser application. Soprano TITANIUM (ice) laser can be applied to dark skin. However, there is a risk of unwanted burns and spotting on newly sunbathed skin. For this reason, sunbathing, tanning and tanning creams should not be used at least 2 weeks before epilation.
What are the models of Soprano Ice Devices?
SOPRANO TITANIUM is the latest developed device of the Soprano Ice laser series.
In addition to 810 nm diode wavelength, which is present on Soprano Ice lasers, Soprano Titanium lasers have also Alexandrite and ND-Yag laser wavelengths. As a result of the combination of these three wavelengths (Alexandrite, ND-Yag, Diode) soprano Titanium is more effective on the hair root.
Soprano Titanium provides faster application time by its second Quatrro Application head.
Moreover, Soprano Titanium has Ice Plus technology which provides continous contact cooling that decreases the sense of discomfort during the procedure.
Is the Soprano Titanium Laser Hair Removal Procedure Painful?
Thanks to the ICEPLUS technology in the head of the Soprano Titanium laser, it is possible to perform treatments with minimum pain by providing contact cooling.